Chia & Hemp Saskatoon Berry Jam
A different spin on jam, a delicious refined sugar free jam using unique and nutty Saskatoon Berries!
- 4 cups fresh Saskatoon Berries (or berry/berry blend of your choice)
- ¼ cup water
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp honey (I use Drizzle Summer Honey)
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Wash those beautiful berries and heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 4 cups of Saskatoon berries with a ¼ cup of water into pan.
- The berries will begin to break down and turn into a lovely compote over approximately 10 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 3 tbsp of Drizzle Summer Honey, 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 tbsp of hemp hearts.
- Muddle the berries and mix everything together well and allow it to cook down for another 10 minutes on medium/low heat until you reach the consistency you like in jam.
- Add your jam to mason jars and allow to cool before putting the lid on.
- My jam lasted in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Serving size: 1 tbsp Calories: 20 Fat: 0.3g Saturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 4g Sugar: 1.3g Sodium: 0.1mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 0.4g Cholesterol: 0