Honey & Orange Infused Macaroons
Delicious coconut treats with honey & orange hints.
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (this is optional, I liked the consistency better when I put this in, without works)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla or extract (I used fresh vanilla bean that I got in Hawaii, not necessary though!)
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp pink salt (regular salt is fine, put a bit less)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone lining.
- In a medium bowl add your egg whites, honey, orange juice, zest, vanilla, and salt, whisk/blend on high until frothy, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in your shredded coconut and coconut flour.
- I let it sit for a few minutes for the coconut to absorb some of the liquid, then take a small handful and create balls in your hands with some pressure so they hold together, layer on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges brown, watch carefully they bake quickly.